Monday, May 21, 2007

Hey, what d'you know

I just clicked on my Blogger profile by accident and it says I was born in the Chinese year of the Dog. I never knew that. Seems about right, though.

Since the wet season started, rain has been off and on in about equal portions but last week several days passed where nothing fell from the sky. I'd hesitate to say "dry" days, because there was still so much humidity that you'd have to wring a towel out after flapping it around in the air for a bit. It kept getting warmer and warmer, too, because the evening storms are absolutely essential to cooling things down at night at this time of year. A few days last week were some of the hottest and sultriest I have seen yet in Agua Fría. I didn't dig it much. Almost everything else about life in Honduras has gotten to the point of being pretty much normal to me now, but the heat only seems to get more intolerable. Blah!

Something I forgot to mention in that last blog entry was that I signed on to help out with the training of new volunteers during the last 11 weeks of my service. This means that I will be working in my site and in Santa Lucía (near Tegucigalpa), alternating every two weeks and travelling home for two days in the middle of the volunteer-training periods to give classes in Agua Fría. It's going to be a ton of work and will take away a substantial amount of my time for working with the cooperative, but the fact is that I have to separate myself from them at some point and this way they'll get a chance to practice filling in the stuff I used to do but still have me sort-of-around to help out. It will also be an awesome thing to put on my resume, I'm pretty sure.

2 Comments:

At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes me think of the good old days. Happy Birthday to you...
Mom

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger Dave Nizic said...

Feliz cuplianos PCB!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home